Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist II to the Respiratory Therapy Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Respiratory Therapist provides services to patients and PAMC as prescribed by physician in conjunction with established policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for assessing the patient's respiratory status and recommending appropriate therapies.
- Implement therapies and evaluate patient response to therapeutic interventions.
- Assess, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and actively collaborate with other members of the health care team.
- Perform mechanical ventilation set-ups, monitoring, assessment of equipment/patient interfaces, and makes appropriate changes based on ABGs for both pediatric and adult ventilators.
- Communicate patient's status to health care team.
- Dispense prescribed Respiratory Therapy medications and consult with staff physicians regarding orders related to Respiratory Therapy services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy education program accredited by the Joint Commission on Respiratory Therapy Education (JCRTE)
- Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Those obtaining NBRC credentials after July 1, 2002, must provide proof of credential renewal every five (5) years.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or acquire within one (1) month of hire
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification or acquire within eight (8) months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or acquire within eight (8) months of hire
- Five (5) years of critical care experience as a Respiratory Therapist
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Care
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 150536