Providence is calling a Communications Specialist II to the Telecommunications Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Communications Specialist II will provide communication services between the hospital, the general public and within the hospital complex. They will monitor and respond to all emergency and life safety systems and provide dispatch services for the Hospital Security Officers.
In this position you will:
- Operate computerized telephone switchboard to provide effective and efficient flow of communication to staff, patients, physicians and general public.
- Receive and communicate requests for air medical and ground response to nurses and physicians.
- Monitor and respond to emergency and life safety systems.
- Receive and communicate requests and information to the hospital security officers.
- Monitor the Civil Defense and Intra-Hospital radio networks.
- Control and operate the public address system.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of radio dispatch experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year medical related operator experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 147543