Providence is calling a Patient Safety Specialist to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Patient Safety Specialist to develop and administer programs and interventions that support a safe environment for patients of Providence Health & Services (PH&S) Alaska. Through proactive risk assessment, event investigation, and data analysis, the PSS identifies risk areas and mitigation strategies. The PSS provides consultation and education to members of the care delivery team to help create an environment of continuous quality and process improvement.
In this position you will:
- Lead serious safety event investigations and improvement activities in conjunction with managers; provide support and just in time training to operational managers for precursor and near miss safety events.
- Develop reports for pertinent hospital and System committees.
- Analyze data, identify trends, and develop mitigation strategies based on current evidence and identified best practices.
- Work with leadership to identify resource needs for mitigation efforts.
- Promote a strong patient safety culture via assessments, staff education, and modeling a non-punitive approach to mistakes and accidents that fosters open communication among all clinical disciplines.
- Assure that safety plans and approaches are modified as needed to comply with new regulations and to address changes in systems and research findings.
- Participate in proactive risk assessments, utilizing failure mode, effects and critically analysis techniques.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of five years Healthcare related experience in a responsible position requiring contact with various departments; demonstrated leadership experience. Twoof the five years required; must be clinical/patient facing experience.
- Mustbe a self-starter, able to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels ofnursing, administration, and professional medical staff
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience withpatient safety analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, causeand effect analysis, failure mode and effects analysis and proactive riskassessment as applied to the healthcare setting .
- Knowledge of patient safetyand error reduction theory and prevention models.
- Must be proficient at typing and have a basicunderstanding of Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 152937