Providence is calling an Emergency Department Technician to the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Emergency Department Technician provides support to nursing and physician staff in the Emergency Department by performing tasks that assist in the care and treatment of patients with illnesses or injuries, taking into account the individual patient's physical or age-related needs.
In this position you will:
- Actively make rounds in assigned clinical area to obtain vital signs, provide comfort, and assistance to meet patient and family needs.
- Prepare patient for initial exam, interventions, transports, and discharge.
- Demonstrate effective priority setting and organization skills to promote department flow and cost efficiency.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of approved orthopedic procedures such as application of approved orthopedic splints and devices, and in fitting patients with crutches.
- Utilize effective communication problem-solving skills to promote positive work environment and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrate competency in the maintenance and operation of emergency room equipment.
- Restocks supplies and emergency equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current BLS certification.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of patient care experience in an acute care or pre-hospital setting.
- Experience with plaster and fiberglass splinting, application of various orthopedic soft goods and wound care.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology, application of dressings and splints, and basic patient care procedures.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Dept Techs
Req ID: 153024