Providence is calling a Cook II to Providence Horizon House in Anchorage, AK.
This is an on-call position that does not include benefits.
In this position, you will:
- Prepare foods for residents, personnel, and/or catering service.
- Coordinate and instructs staff engaged in food preparation.
- Display knowledge of basic principles of dietetics, food sanitation, and service.
- Coordinate work with kitchen.
- Maintain high standards of quality food production and portion control using standardized recipes.
- Plan and participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Two years of High school education or equivalent.
- One year experience in quantity food production.
- Regular attendance.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
About Providence Horizon House
Providence Horizon House is apartment style living for seniors no longer able to live alone comfortably or safely. We also have two large 10-bedroom cottages for residents with Alzheimer's and other memory disorders. These cottages are attached by a walkway to the Horizon House apartments and are the first of its kind in Anchorage. Everything about the cottages, from bathroom design to staffing has been determined by best-practice research on Alzheimer's building design and care planning.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 151453