Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (on-call, variable shift) to the Neurology Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska!
This is a part-time, on-call position with the unique opportunity to join an award-winning, nationally recognized, (largest) hospital in AK! The RN Staff at 5 West Neurology invites you to further your nursing career with exposure to state-of-the-art technology, continuous education with tuition reimbursement, and fellow team members who exude kindness and a genuine passion for nursing. As Providence Alaska advances on our journey towards excellence and Magnet Status, now is your chance to come aboard!
In this position you will:
- Deliver and supervise safe, evidence-based quality care, individualized for assigned patients which reflects a standard of best practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Collaborate and consult with the patient, family members, and healthcare team to develop, document, implement and monitor individualized care plans and consult with all parties to assure necessary education in support of the treatment plan.
- Work in partnership with healthcare team, the patient, and others as appropriate, in the development of a proactive discharge plan.
- Legibly and electronically document patient care activities and information in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Support and assist with orientation of new staff and students.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire; an RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN.
- Active Alaska State RN License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing strongly preferred.
- (1) Year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife, as well as a bustling, down-town environment; the perfect combination of gorgeous scenery, wilderness, and city-life.
Please contact Alison Kindem, hiring recruiter, for more information: Alison.Kindem@providence.org.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 148336