Providence is calling a Physical Therapist to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK. (On-Call)
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate physical therapy under the prescription of a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
- Communicate with members of interdepartmental team to identify resident needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs for discharge. Assist in coordinating discharge plan.
- Document evaluation, plan, care delivered and outcomes according to facility and department standards.
- Provide resident, family, and staff education.
- Provide written directions for resident treatment for Physical Therapy Aides and monitors PT aides performance.
- Assign residents to Physical Therapy Assistant after assessment and provides on-going assessment of treatment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska or eligible for licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience in long term care.
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 150203