Providence is calling an Assistant Clinical Manager, RN to the Emergency Department (ED) at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) night shift position with a $10,000 Sign-on, Relocation, and benefits effective on start date!
In collaboration with the management team, the Assistant Clinical Manager RN will focus on daily department operations. This individual will supervise personnel, coordinate activities of Nursing, and perform all duties in a manner which promotes team unity and reflects the mission of philosophy of the Providence Health System.
In this position you will:
- Consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing and other services.
- Use leadership principles to anticipate and influence change.
- Establish clear clinical practice expectations based on professional standards for areas of responsibility.
- Use independent judgment to assign work to team members and to responsibly direct team members.
- Support the implementation of organization policies and procedures in compliance with state, Federal and other regulatory guidelines to help ensure that high quality, cost-effective patient services meet or surpass accreditation standards.
- Assume responsibility for obtaining information and expanding job knowledge and competency that reflects current practice.
- Assists in the development, implementation and modification of programs and services needed to meet patient care and staff development needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in an acute care, Emergency Department
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN)
- Two (2) years of recent clinical supervisory experience or charge nurse experience
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
Please contact Alison Kindem for more information: Alison.Kindem@providence.org; https://www.linkedin.com/in/alisonkindem
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 152560