Providence is calling an Administrative Assistant II to the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Act as the focal point for customer service; greet visitors, answer telephones, refer calls, schedule/coordinate appointments and meetings.
- Provide routine information on policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain accurate electronic and manual filing systems for department records.
- Organize and expedite the flow of department communications; prepare, transmit, and track routine correspondence; review and respond to incoming communications; screen, prioritize, and perform follow up as required.
- Assist staff with department specific projects and reporting requirement.
- Research, collect, assemble, and/or monitor data and statistics, as required.
- Completes a variety of computer based tasks using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.
- Order and maintain supplies and office equipment, as required; generate requisition documentation and track order completion.
- Performs other related clerical tasks and special projects as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Additional course work in secretarial sciences and personal computers.
- 4 years administrative or secretarial experience.
- 1 year experience in a medical setting with experience in medical terminology.
- Proficiency with Word documents, spreadsheets, scheduling and presentation software applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
About this Ministry
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 154805