Providence is calling a Clinical Support Technician II to the Emergency Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with team members to coordinate unit activities and flow of information between teams and other entities.
- Coordinate and facilitate movement of patients through work area.
- Provide technical support to the department by maintaining equipment, ordering supplies and stocking all areas that require equipment.
- Maintain a safe, hazard free and clean environment, which facilitates quality patient focused care.
- Cross train within the division to support needs of other units within division.
- Function as a monitor technician for cardiac monitoring system in the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of a basic cardiac rhythm recognition course and completion of a Medical Terminology course prior to employment or within 90 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a Health Unit Coordinator Program.
- Certification by the National Association of Health Unit Coordinators.
- Six (6) months experience in health care activities or institutional setting.
- Prior experience in an acute emergency environment.
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) such as EPIC.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 153035