Providence is calling a Mental Health Therapist to the Alaska Cares Clinic at the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Provides therapeutic counseling interventions and psycho-education to children and adolescent patients and their families who have experienced child sexual abuse or other family trauma.
In this position you will:
- Participate in treatment planning meetings and assists treatment team in identifying clinical problems for individual patients and their families and developing specific treatment plans.
- Facilitate and co-facilitates groups, family therapy sessions, and individual treatment sessions.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to clients, family members, or outside agencies, as requested.
- Continuously monitor all patient and family progress in treatment and outcomes as a result of interventions.
- Document a thorough assessment, including mental status exam, interventions and activities related to patient's plan of care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or health related field.
- Requires knowledge and skills in therapeutic intervention with children who have experienced child sexual abuse, witness to severe trauma and other mental health issues effecting children. Knowledge of mental health issues, both theory and practice; crisis intervention techniques; assessment techniques; and understanding of family outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, group work skills, and knowledge of age appropriate developmental issues for adolescents and their families.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 153813