Providence is calling a Cat Scan Technologist to the Imaging Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Cat Scan Technologist will perform computerized tomographic procedures using a variety of scanning equipment.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of computerized tomographic scanner procedures according to department, hospital and national standards. Explain procedures to patient and family, and addresses patient needs/concerns.
- Be responsible for accurately preparing and completing records, daily quality assurance logs and quality improvement information data, and meeting regulatory standards.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, samples for testing or related information.
- Be responsible for calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting radiologic equipment. Optimize equipment and supplies to benefit department operations.
- Be involved in stocking general supplies or ordering as requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- ARRT Registered and eligible for CT Registry; CT Registry must be completed within two (2) years of employment in the CT position.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS.)
- Availability for weekends and on-call coverage as needed on a rotating schedule.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an AMA approved training program for Radiologic Technologists or Military equivalent.
- One (1) year work experience in CT.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 151112