Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Medical Oncology Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The 5 North Medical/Oncology Unit makes a difference in lives every moment. We have a diverse patient population with a variety of Acute and Chronic medical conditions. We are a 46 bed acute care unit which provides exceptional oncology care, administration of chemotherapy, and symptom management.
In this position you will:
- Conduct and document a comprehensive patient assessment upon admission. Continually reassess and apply appropriate advocacy and interventions as indicated.
- Collaborate with the patient, family and members of the healthcare team; develop, document, implement and monitor an individualized plan of care which reflects a standard of care based on best practice and evidence-based medicine. Provides, documents, and consults to assure necessary patient and family education in support of the treatment plan.
- Collaborate with team members, the patient, the patient's family and others as appropriate in the development of a proactive discharge plan.
- Legibly and electronically document patient care activities and information in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Support and assist with orientation of new staff and students.
- Monitor patient's condition, note changes in status, utilize judgment and take appropriate action. Communicate patient status to colleagues and physicians to include: situation, background, assessment, and recommendations (S.B.A.R).
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Varying schedule to meet department needs
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health unit teams
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 135521