Providence is calling a Dietary Food Service Assistant II to the Dietary Department at Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK.
Under direct supervision prepares a variety of foods requiring short preparation for staff, residents and special events, sets up dining areas, washes and sanitizes dishes.
This is a part-time position that does not include benefits.
In this position you will:
- Prepare, portion, and deliver foods according to production and customer needs, adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Clean as assigned following proper procedures in the great rooms and dish area.
- Clean dining room tables and gather supplies for the next meal.
- Operate food service equipment as assigned.
- Clean and sanitizes dishes, pots, pans, and utensils.
- Follow correct trayline and serving procedures for speed and accuracy.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Specific vocational training. This training can be provided in a school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
- Six (6) months of training or on the job training in quantity food preparation in cooking, estimating food needed, requisitioning and storing food and supplies, basic principles of dietetics and principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in food handling.
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 152647