Providence is calling an Admitting Representative (On-Call, Variable Shift) to the Admitting Department at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
In this position you will:
- Obtain and record all data relative to the registration process.
- Sensitively assist customer with reimbursement requirements according to regulatory guidelines, and provide assistance to customers with special financial needs.
- Accurately complete computer data entry.
- Function as the afterhour's switchboard operator for the hospital answering all incoming calls taking messages and transferring calls appropriately.
- Work with other team members to provide a smooth efficient department operation allowing for maximum comfort and confidentiality for the customer.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer keyboarding skills and data processing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of admitting experience
- Knowledge or medical terminology
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC's extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 149841