Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse to the Emergency Department at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The registered nurse is accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation).
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States. You'll put your outstanding communication and leadership skills to good use on a variety of tasks like:
- Present and conduct self in a professional manner.
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner to patients, families and visitors.
- Act in a leadership role, responsible for the daily operations of the Unit in the absence of the manager; providing direction, supervision and coaching/precepting to department staff.
- Possess knowledge of developmental needs and competent in the assessment and treatment as it relates to age of the patient population served.
- Monitor patient's condition, notes changes in status, utilizes judgment and takes appropriate action.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active Alaska state RN license
- ACLS, PALS, EPNC, TNCC within 90 days, STABLE within 180 days. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors to Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute beds including 4 birthing suites and 2 ICU beds. Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, we work closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for our patients. In addition, our Elder House has 19 long term care beds. With emphasis on evidence based practice our staff strives to create a quality health care experience for each patient- one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork. We proudly support the educational development of staff and provide onsite career development for staff members.
For more information on the ministry you will serve, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 127659