Providence is calling a Facilities Support Director to Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska.
We are seeking a Facilities Support Director to be responsible for planning, coordinating and directly supervising the activities of the Facilities Support, Emergency Management, Environmental Care, Food & Nutrition, Environment Services, Laundry, Fleet Maintenance, Bio Med, and Security departments in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards. Directly oversees contractors in the completion of projects as needed to repair and maintain the facility. Fosters change and teamwork to ensure constructive relationships and growth, while maintaining a positive and professional image when interacting with patients, their families, physicians, employees and general public.
In this position you will:
- Participate in Leadership Council, departmental and/or program meetings.
- Oversee and offer recommendation to support the daily functions and schedules of the Facility Maintenance, Emergency Management and Security departments to ensure that prescribed standards and related local, State, and Federal regulations are met.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine when service representatives and outside contractors are to be contacted regarding routine and/or emergency repairs on such equipment systems as boilers, standby generators, kitchen and laundry equipment, electrical and HVAC systems
- Exhibit the necessary skills to oversee a wide array of skilled duties in various building and mechanical trades such as carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC and electrical to insure the work that is performed in these trades are accomplished in a prompt, professional manner and meet or exceed State and local code requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Borough, service representatives, outside contractors, State and Federal officials.
- Coordinate construction, modifications, and/or repairs to the facility while insuring Borough and State officials involvement in present when necessary.
- Serve as the Facility Safety Officer and Life Safety Officer insuring that meetings are held and fulfill the duties as outlines in the E.O.C manual.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Must have at least five years of progressively responsible general Support Services management experience.
- Five (5) years' experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and stationary systems.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of electrical/plumbing operations.
- The incumbent is required to have a thorough knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of steam, hydronic boilers, HVAC systems, heat exchangers, and assorted sub-systems.
- Experience and knowledge in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree preferred
- Previous management in a support services function within a hospital and long term care facility.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM), Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Boiler and limited electrical licensing preferred
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 150202