Providence is calling a Front Office Supervisor, Providence Behavioral Medical Group Matsu to Providence Health & Services in Palmer, Alaska
We are seeking a Front Office Supervisor, Behavioral Health Clinics to be responsible for the coordination, employee management, and quality management of all front office functions. Under general supervision of the clinic manager, this position works to ensure proper compliance with clinic billing, documentation, patient scheduling and registration and provides oversight for all business processes for ongoing financial success and improvement of the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Develop, implement and ensure patient referral system admits patients within 3 days of referral (exception, provider availability).
- Manage patient referrals to avoid waiting list situation.
- Inform clinic manager when more than 10 patients wait 7 days for initial appointment
- Monitor trending and analysis, reports including productivity (clinicians), QI, customer service, cycle times, financial reports, etc.
- Contributes to general clinic operations.
- Ensure accuracy of registration process at pre-registration and check-in establishing and maintaining 95% accuracy in registration process.
- Develop, implement and manage a system to verify insurance benefits and inform patients of co-pays. Manage and audit the system to collect and bill for all co-pays, ensuring billing within a timely manner.
- Remain current with changes in regulatory compliance for outpatient therapy services and ensures accuracy of documentation and billing processes for the front office.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years previous business office experience in an outpatient healthcare clinic
- Experience successfully managing insurance eligibility verification and patient co-payment processes
- Knowledge of business and data applications (including Excel and Access) and business analysis methods
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with business planning, financial analysis, and medical/physician billing & coding
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 154366