Providence is calling an Environmental Services Worker - Housekeeping Attendant to the Environmental Service Department at Providence Seward Mountain Haven in Seward, AK.
Schedule: On-Call, Variable Shift
In this position you will:
- Clean and organize housekeeping cart and stock housekeeping supplies in janitor closets.
- Wipe down and clean dressers, nightstand tables, TV's, book shelves, light fixtures, and door knobs in elders' rooms.
- Clean mirrors, shelves, sinks, tiles, toilet (inside and outside surface), and handrails in bathrooms.
- Wipe walls, sinks, and hoppers (inside and outside surface) in the soiled laundry room.
- Clean trashcans and laundry buckets inside and outside.
- Clean shower room and spa (tiled floor and walls) including shower curtain.
- Wash and clean chairs, tables, over bed tables, TV's, sinks, bed, mattress and counters in hearth and kitchen areas.
- Wipe down desk, chairs, shelves, and window blinds in office areas and vacuum carpet.
- Dust mop and damp mop floor. Use electrical equipment such as shampooer, wet vacuum, etc. Remove heel marks, streaks, and foreign matter from floor and baseboard. Sweep and mop tiled floor.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a health related facility.
- One (1) year in janitorial services.
- Basic floor care knowledge and knowledge in institutional chemicals, equipment, and supplies.
About the Seward Mountain Haven
Providence Seward Mountain Haven is the community's new long-term care facility serving elders from across Alaska. PSMH is the first Green House in Alaska, an innovative model of elder care. The Green House model restores individuals to a home in the community, combined with the full range of personal care and clinical services. The program creates an intentional community to support the most positive elderhood and work life possible.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 146469