Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse to Acute Care at Providence Seward Medical and Care Center in Seward, AK.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Are you looking to enhance your year round quality of life? How about the idea of having immediate access to pristine areas for hiking, mountain biking/climbing, skiing, fishing and much, much more!!! Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is the perfect destination for you! This 6-bed, critical access hospital provides quality healthcare to the residents of Seward, AK. Our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States. You'll put your outstanding communication and leadership skills to good use on a variety of tasks like:
- Access and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment, and care for patients of all ages including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric, as applicable.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship.
- Direct and coordinate the care given by Patient Care Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), students, volunteers, and ancillary personnel.
- Float between Emergency Room, Med/Surg, clinic, and Seward Mountain Haven, as needed.
- Perform all duties in a manner that supports team concept, collegial, collaborative caring, and respectful, reflecting the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and the Sisters of Providence Mission.
- Deliver quality care to patients and families, according to the individualized needs of the patient and following the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active Alaska state RN license
- ACLS, PALS within 180 days and TNCC within 1 year. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 136469