Providence is calling a Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray (Full Time) for the Providence Medical Institute location in Agoura Hills,CA.
In this position you will:
- Implement delegated aspects of care and assist in both direct and indirect patient care and routine diagnostic radiographic services.
- Perform general medical duties according to regulations, Demonstrate competencies in phlebotomy, EKG, sterile technique, patient admission process and medication administration.
- Assist with advanced clinical office procedures.
- Maintain a current and adequate inventory of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant training program or a foreign license RN or LVN
- Limited Diagnostic Radiology Services, chest and either torso-skeletal or extremities or bone densitometry experience
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Typing speed of 35 wpm
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One to three years of experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: California-Agoura Hills
Req ID: 151622