Providence is calling an Injury Prevention Coordinator to Providence Health & Services. This regional position will primarily support the San Fernando Valley and will sit out of Burbank, CA.
Under the direct supervision of the Injury Prevention Manager or the Injury Prevention Specialist, the Injury Prevention Coordinator operates to aid in program management of injury reduction, prevention and promotion of health at a facility level. The Coordinator will be used to service one or more facilities to assist the Injury Prevention Specialist in running programs including ergonomics, safe patient handling and injury prevention services. The Coordinator will also participate in other services as needed including promotion of integration of services within a culture of safety, wellness and injury prevention. The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, they serve as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will:
- Promotes of a Culture of Safety, Health and Prevention and strives to establish best practice in these areas through successful outcome measures of improved employee and patient safety.
- Provides office ergonomic assessments and injury prevention strategies to facilities / departments under the guidance of the Supervisor Injury Prevention.
- Uses research and evidence based practice to establish guidelines in decision making for solutions in risk reduction and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Collaborates with the Injury Prevention Specialist and Manager in setting up programs of ergonomics, safe patient handling and injury prevention where programs are not present or lacking in structure. Assists in standardizing programs across system.
- Prioritizes work with departments with highest injury rates to determine root cause and establish an action plan for lowering injury rates and expenses.
- Adheres to local, regional, state, and national standards for patient and staff safety as well as regulations applicable to injury prevention and job modification.
- Integrates fall prevention and skin integrity strategies into risk reduction measures for employee and patient safety.
- Attends or is delegated by the Manager or injury Prevention Specialist to lead the safe patient handling committee meetings on a monthly basis.
- Participates in data collection and analysis of injury statistics as required for quarterly and year end work injury reports, education compliance and employee satisfaction data with the program.
- Performs audits of safe patient handling and ergonomics compliance on units, or coordinates use of light duty workers to aid in audits.
- Delivers regular training for safe patient handling and ergonomics.
- Fills in at department specific participatory ergonomics sessions and monthly meetings; provides oversight and expertise.
- May be required to travel to and work at different local, regional and national facilities as need arises.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related ergonomics or injury prevention role required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with clinical background in Physical or Occupational Therapy, or Nursing. Exercise physiology/kinesiology, ergonomics, human factors, or safety related field also considered if experienced in ergonomics and/ or healthcare exists.
- Active state healthcare license required if applicable to degree.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the human musculoskeletal system as it relates to normal function.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of ergonomics, safe patient handling and injury prevention as well as applicable regulations applied in a healthcare setting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Human Resources
Req ID: 142655