Providence is calling a Case Manager ( per diem / day shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform utilization review and management, including quality review, pathway variances, and case review for third party payer requirements.
- Identify high‑risk/cost patients, facilitates opportunities to coordinate interventions, and design treatment plans.
- Facilitate ongoing information and education related to reimbursement and discharge planning to unit personnel.
- Control costs and manage total patient care to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Minimum of 2 years of acute hospital experience within the past 5 years
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of Utilization Review & Discharge Planning
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing ( BSN ), highly preferred
- Master's degree in a health related field
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138 bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 135939