Providence is calling a Full Time, Evening shift Staff Registered Nurse to the Emergency Department at the Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, a level II Trauma Facility, is currently seeking qualified Emergency Room nurses to join their award winning team. Be part of a team that has a recognized reputation in serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. Holy Cross Medical Center services up to 80,000 patients annually.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers fromthe American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) orMilitary Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentAdvance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification fromthe American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network(MTN).
- CurrentPediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentNational Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- MOABI/II required within 30 days to 150 days of hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working withthe patient population similar to department of hire or completion of thespecialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 153509