Providence is calling a Registered Nurse ( RN ) ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Visit families at that critical first home visit after discharge from the hospital
- Support families, conduct maternal and newborn clinical assessments and provide parent education in the areas of postnatal care, breastfeeding, parent-infant attachment, home safety and other maternal and child health related topics
- Help identify client strengths, needs, barriers, and risks and provide community resources for those needs
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Public Health Registered Nurse Certification or current Registered Nurse ( RN ) currently pursuing a PHN certification and will complete within one year of hire
- Certified Lactation Educator ( CLE ) or Certified Lactation Counselor ( CLC ) at a minimum; or certification must be completed within six months of hire; alternately staff may be Certified Lactation Consultant ( CLC ) or International Board Certified Lactation Consultant ( IBCLC/RLC )
- At least 1 year of experience in maternal and/or newborn services with strong maternal and newborn clinical assessment skills
- At least 6 months experience conducting home visits
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledgeable about local community resources and able to refer families to appropriate agencies
- Experience working with families from diverse age, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Bilingual with the ability to communicate in the language(s) represented in the community to be served
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 144865