Providence is calling a Provider Relations Coordinator MSO ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Providence Medical Institute location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- The Provider Relations Coordinator – MSO, under general supervision is responsible for maintaining provider information in internal databases and files.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of provider data as reflected in the Health Plan directories.
- Distributes information and reports and communicates with Health Plans regarding provider updates.
- Researches and resolves all inconsistent data.
- Assists in taking incoming calls from providers, patients or vendors, supporting the Customer Relations department as needed and maintains strict confidentiality.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in general healthcare, administrative support services, provider and customer service work environment.
- Equivalent work experience in health care, insurance or credentialing as a substitute to professional degree is acceptable.
- Successful experience in administrative functions and a working knowledge of health care administration practices, managed care systems, customer service and provider relations.
- Effective communication and computer skills are critical as are good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal relations and team building skills are a requirement for internal and external purposes.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration or related area.
- Work history emphasis within a medical group, independent physician association, management services organization or physician hospital organization.
About the Providence Medical Institute you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 148073