Providence is calling a ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) Case Manager Associate to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for assisting the case managers to identifythe discharge needs of the patient and family and helpfacilitate a smooth and safe transition from the hospital.
- Responsible for assisting the case managers with all the discharge planning needs of patients that are assigned and utilizes the Case Managers for situations that are out of his/her scope of practice.
- Identifies patient/discharge needs to assure that both receive support with resources and placement assistance.
- Facilitates the transition home by ordering equipment, arranging and referring home health visits, contacting the HHS prior to discharge, and initiating a follow‑up telephone call after discharge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- License Vocational Nurse ( LVN )
- Experience in a health care related position
- Minimum of 1 year experience in acute hospital case management & discharge planning.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical equipment
- Medicare/MediCal insurance guidelines for acute and skilled stay
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138 bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 145804