Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) for the Sub-Acute unit with Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit, administrative, and clinical policies/procedures for patient care, safety, and infection control.
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment with attention to each patient's physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with other personnel to maintain good employee relations, meet interdepartmental objectives, and optimize patient care.
- Provide direction to team members to coordinate care of assigned patients and problem-solve patient care issues during the shift.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 6-months experience working in an acute care facility or in sub-acute within the past 2-years.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 148412