Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN/LPN ) ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to Providence St Elizabeth Care Center in North Hollywood, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide professional nursing care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age specific patient population (e.g. geriatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
- Provide supervision to Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Assist Registered Nurse as directed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN ) license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Provider from the American Heart Association.
- Experience in the care of the aged, chronically ill, restorative nursing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent experience in skilled nursing setting preferred
- IV certification preferred
About the facility you will serve.
As a skilled nursing facility, Providence Saint Elizabeth is staffed 24 hours a day by licensed professionals specially trained in geriatric medicine. Our nursing staff is highly proficient, and is trained and licensed to provide intravenous medications and therapies. We also provide for respiratory services as needed.
Each resident is treated as a special person, giving careful attention to his or her total well-being. In our eyes, this means trying to keep the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of an individual in balance and harmony.We offer an array of health care services for residents to enjoy themselves with family and friends. To complement our reputation for caring, our specially trained staff works in partnership with residents, families, doctors, referring hospitals, and health professionals to make sure residents' needs are met.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Location: California-North Hollywood
Req ID: 143991