Providence is calling a Part Time, Day shift Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Unit to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Implements and coordinates therapeutic activity programming for adult and geriatric age inpatient population.
- Evaluates and establishes individualized treatment plans, and documents progress towards treatment goals. Contributes towards a safe therapeutic atmosphere.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BS/BA degree in Recreation, Occupational, Art, Music and/or Movement therapy.
- Six months related experience in an acute psychiatric setting.
- CPI or equivalent within 90 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support Certificate from American Heart Association
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit (adult, 18yr-65 and geriatric 65yr ).
- Knowledge of life span, growth and development.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement therapeutic activities.
- Able to document process clearly.
- Ability to evaluate and identify dysfunctional deficits and behaviors
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 151596