Providence is calling a Full Time, Night shift Psychiatric Aide Mental Health Certified Nursing Assistant to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- As a certified health care employee who performs delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- These duties may include, but are not limited to EKG's, vital signs, basic patient care and transportation.
- Help care for physically or mentally ill, injured, disabled in hospital and mental health settings.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of any accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program. CNA Certification required.
- A current BLS Card from the American Heart Association for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Current Crisis Prevention and Intervention training (CPI) card required.
- One (1) year or more recent work experience in an acute inpatient psychiatric facility (hospital or medical center)
- Requires fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text.
- Requires the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (add, subtract, multiple, divide).
- Requires the ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Requires ability to accurately and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families, and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience of 1-5 years in a hospital and one year or more experience in an acute inpatient psychiatric facility.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 153299