Providence is calling a full time, day shift Nurse Manager for the Psychiatric Unit to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality nursing care and for the administrative management of multiple nursing units and/or FTE's over 80 on a 24‑hour basis.
- Fulfill all duties and responsibilities associated with the unit manager position.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age‑ specific patient population (e.g., infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, pediatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree or Bachelor's in Progress
- 3 years of recent clinical experience
- California Licensed Registered Nurse
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 149467