Providence Crisis Stabilization Unit is calling a full time, variable shift Clinical Social Worker, MSW to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide direct and indirect services to meet the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, to include: Premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults at Little Company of Mary - San Pedro Hospital, Little Company of Mary Hospital and Little Company of Mary Hospital Pavilion.
- Provide clinical social work consultation to LCMSA - Acute and Post Acute settings per requirements and as requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited Masters Program in Social Work
- Clinical Social Work licensure by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Two to five years experience in healthcare related setting with patient population in area of service
- Advanced communication skills to communicate effectively with patients, hospital staff, physicians and the community. Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English
- Flexibility and strong self motivation/organizational skills to prioritize work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Computer experience/literacy as needed for the job
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position as defined by the RU-91 form
- A courteous and cooperative service-oriented demeanor
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledgeable of community resources with discharge planning experience
- Two years of recent acute hospital experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 146793