Providence is calling a Full Time, Night Shift Registered Nurse (RN) to the Emergency Department at the Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
* *This position is bonus eligible External Applicants Only **
The Weingart Foundation Emergency Department at the Providence Saint John's Health Center cares for more than 30,000 patients each year. We are a STEMI-receiving center with highly skilled staff able to rapidly treat acute heart attack patients. Our 27 spacious private exam rooms are equipped with TVs, phones and Wi-Fi access, and can accommodate family or friends who are staying with the patient, and we offer a Fast Track program so those with colds and flu or sprains and strains can get in, get out and return home to get well. Come join our amazing team of caregivers!
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Current Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Current National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- MOAB I/II required within 30 days to 150 days of hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
Talent Acquisition Contact: Ron Sanchez, Senior Recruiter, email@example.com
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines. The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 136945