Providence is calling a Physical Therapist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
This opening is for a per-diem position in a busy, 266 bed inpatient hospital. The need is for the inpatient adult areas, with a weekend focus. Applicants would be required to work 2 weekend days a month as a minimum, but can work more than that if desired/ shifts are available (including weekends and weekdays). Patient populations include but are not limited to: orthopedic, neurological, trauma, medical/ surgical, cardiac/ telemetry, pulmonary and oncology.
In this position you will:
- The Physical Therapist supports the mission, vision, values and objective of Saint John's Health Center
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to discharge planning, performing patient evaluations, establishing and implementing a plan of care, monitoring patient's progress
- The Physical Therapist should demonstrate professional communication and interpersonal skills including direct, honest and compassionate behavior.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS degree with certificate from an accredited program in Physical Therapy
- Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Current California Physical Therapist License
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous acute hospital setting
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 153407