Providence is calling a full time, day shift Molecular Oncology Postdoctoral Research Fellow to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Develop translational research primarily related to epigenomics and applied to solid tumor cancer research under the general supervision of the Director of Molecular Oncology.
- Sequence in Illumina.
- Learn to lead R&D programming.
- Assist postdoctoral fellows and organization of the department programs.
- Develop approaches related to epigenomic and genomic research.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Doctoral degree, PhD or MD in the field of Oncology or molecular biology.
- One or more years postdoctoral work experience in cancer research pertinent to scientific translational epigenomics / genomics research studies
- Publication in human cancer research
- Strong background in molecular biology preferably related to epigenomics and genomics such as funtional mutation analysis.
- Excellent understanding of cancer staging and disease outcomes analysis, and correlative translational studies.
- Experience in performing silico data mining and sequence analysis interpretation.
- Leadership capability to help guide others working in the same area.
- This position has the possibility of developing into a full time permanent role at the end of the fellowship.
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John's Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute's mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 153281