Providence is calling a full time, day shift Nuclear Medicine Technologist to Providence Tarzana Medical Center inTarzana, CA
In this position you will:
- Utilize appropriate technique to insure quality diagnostic images and/or laboratory results.
- Assist an authorized user in the application and management of therapeutic radionuclide treatment.
- Educate the public and use techniques that will minimize radiation exposure to the patient, general public, and health care personnel consistent with ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) concept.
- Demonstrate knowledge and perform work that is consistent with established age-specific policies and procedures, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, or activities that place patients at risk, utilizing appropriate technique and communicates pertinent age-specific information to all clients when needed. Will also communicate effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CRT (California State License – Nuclear Medicine Technologist)
- Current Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) card sponsored by the Americian Heart Association
- Current LA City Fire Card within 90 days of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience with Nuclear Medicine Cameras/Computers and familiar with PC computers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A.S. and/or B.S. degree in Nuclear Medicine or related Science.
- ARRT/NMTCB (National License – Nuclear Medicine Technologist)
- Knowledge and experience with Siemens Symbia, ADAC Vertex camera, Pegasys computer.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 141413