Providence is calling a Home Health Aide ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance, California.
This position will provide coverage for the Los Angeles area and will need to be available to work weekend rotations.
Please click on the
video link to learn more about TrinityCare Hospice: http://california.providence.org/trinitycare/
In this position you will:
- The Certified Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Group ( IDG ) who works under the supervision of a Hospice Registered Nurse and performs various services for the patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort.
- The Certified Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- The Certified Home Health Aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes the quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care. May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California certification as Home Health Aide ( CHHA ) and meets the training requirements of the state.
- Understands Hospice philosophy and is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Provides a calm manner when in a patient's home and has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired.
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice requirements.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Hospice or Home Health experience strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
About the hospice you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 141388