Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Hospice ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance, California
This position requires working every other weekend.
Please click on the video link to learn more about
TrinityCare Hospice: http://california.providence.org/trinitycare/
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of direct care to patients individually and through the assignment and direction of the patient focused care team, utilizing a collaborative patient care management process, meeting established standards of nursing care and integrating other health care team members.
- Respond to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on the standards of care of unit/department where assigned.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all professional nursing experience.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ) license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state requirements.
- Minimum 1 years of general nursing experience with current experience in hospice, home care, palliative care, acute care or SNF.
- Recent Nursing experience in hospice, palliative care, or home health.
- CHPN certification
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
About the hospice you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 151514