Providence is calling a Registered Nurse for Hospice (Per Diem / Day Shift) to Providence TrinityKids Care Hospice, California.
Please click on the video link to learn more about
TrinityCare Hospice: http://california.providence.org/trinitycare/
Please upload a current resume reflecting all your professional nursing experience.
In this position you will:
- The Registered Nurse plans, organizes and directs Hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education/ experience.
- Builds from the resources of the Interdisciplinary
- Group (IDG) to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their home environments.
- May provide patient care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum 1-year of RN experience in acute care pediatrics, NICU, PICU and/or hospice
- Current RN licensure in the state of California
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and / or PH&S / TrinityCare Hospice requirements
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
- Nursing experience in hospice/palliative care or home health
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Proficient EMR skills
About the hospice you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 153634