Providence is calling a Per Diem, Night shift Laboratory Technician to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, Ca.
In this position you will:
- Work under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, and in their absence under the direction of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), to provide technical, clerical and patient care support services.
- Perform a variety of procedures including venipuncture, skin puncture, specimen collection, specimen processing and distribution and the operation and maintenance of automated instrumentation up to but not including the resulting of laboratory data.
- Service is provided to patients of all age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
- Non-technical duties include taking of supply inventories, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining work area, equipment and instrumentation.
- Provide service in a safe and professional manner and works within the established policies and procedures of the Laboratory and the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
- Communication in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must meet the physical requirements of this job listed on the RU-91 form for Laboratory Technician.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Phlebotomy Certification
- One year's experience as a Laboratory Technician in a hospital based clinical laboratory
- One year's experience as a phlebotomist
- Ability to work flexible shifts
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 148084