Providence is calling a Occupational Therapist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
Per Diem OT position in a busy 277 bed acute care medical center. Per Diem commitment is 2-3 weekend shifts per month (Sat and/or Sun) but may work more if desired. Weekday shifts when available. Patient population includes but is not limited to: orthopedic, neurologic, trauma, surgical, cardiac/telemetry, pulmonary, oncology and ICU. Position requires acute hospital experience, strong communication skills and team work; and excellent customer/family focus with care planning. Competency with treating orthopedic and neurologically impaired patients required.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice in accordance with regulatory agencies and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- The Occupational Therapist demonstrates proficient clinical knowledge and skills in providing and initiating treatment programs for individuals with physical impairments.
- Utilizing a collaborative team approach, the Occupational therapist accurately assesses patients' needs: identifies and initiates appropriate Occupational therapy interventions. Providing care to; pediatric, adolescent, young, middle and older adult patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California State Occupational Therapy License
- Current Basic Life Support Certificate for Health Care Provider through American Heart Association.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 151990