Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (full time, night shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, California.
**Bonus Eligible-- External Applicants Only
In this position you will:**
- Provides and supervises professional, independent nursing care for Providence patients, that is as evidence-based as possible
- Care is based in the nursing process and is consistent with the California Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards, and the ANA Code of Ethics
- The RN applies knowledge of assessing, planning, ordering, giving, delegating, teaching and supervising professional nursing care delivery that promotes patients optimal health and independence.
- All Providence professional nursing practice requires a broad range of general nursing knowledge and expertise.
- In addition, development and validation of knowledge and skills essential to the assigned department, patient population and/or practice area are crucial.
- The RN participates in and leads clinical teams and may supervise, assigns or delegate to licensed vocational nurses (LVN), unlicensed assistive personnel and other caregivers.
- The RN performs all duties in a manner that promotes effective team functioning and reflects the Sisters of Providence and Little Company of Mary mission and philosophy and the Nurse's Bill of Rights.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher r equired within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Current National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- Twelve (12) or more months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
- Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CCRN certification preferred.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 134538