Providence is calling a Biller (Full Time) at our Providence Medical Institute Orthopedics location in West Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for accurate and timely submissionof medical billing claims to appropriate government payors under generalsupervision.
- Analyzes and reviews claimsto ensure that all payor specific billing requirements are met.
- Follows-up onbilling, determines and applies appropriate adjustments, answers inquiries andupdates accounts as necessary to resolve impediments to payment.
- Performs all duties in an efficient and timelymanner per department standards and in compliance with all policies,procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of two years of successful experience inthe health care field in a position demonstrating heavy billing and accountfollow-up.
- Experience working in medical group practice preferred.
- Understandsand is able to apply the concepts of revenue cycle management.
- Provenknowledge of medical and insurance terminology, government billing requirementsand current industry standards and practices for account follow up.
- Provenknowledge and experience with third party clinical/hospital billing systems andclaims clearinghouses.
- Extensiveknowledge of medical insurance CPT and diagnosis codes.
- Abilityto establish priorities, organize work, be detail oriented, follow through,perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively with interruptions.
- Abilityto adapt work pace and thought processes during urgent situations.
- Requiresproficiency in use of systems, personal computer and software includingMicrosoft Office product applications (Word, Excel, Meditech,).
- Requires advanced communication skills, bothverbal and written including outstanding customer service skills and theability to be professional in representing Providence to patients, payors andphysicians.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Location: California-West Hills
Req ID: 144877