Providence is calling a Patient Services Representative (Endocrinology, Day, 1.0) to Providence Medical Group in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform clerical, scheduling and records activities in support of patients and staff.
- Complete referral coordination and documentation.
- Follow-up, coordinate, receive and input documentation and values while accurately completing patient care records.
- Communicate with clinic staff, providers and others regarding coordination of care.
- Accurately collect, record and ensure distribution of information to appropriate staff via computer and/or manual systems.
- Assist with other patient coordination activities, as needed.
- May be required to float to other department/physician office sites as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One year prior experience in a healthcare related field (specifically patient access, insurance eligibility verification/authorization, billing/electronic claims submission, or collection of accounts receivable)
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- OR Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the employee with the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the work will be considered
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Prior experience with electronic health records
- Knowledge of billing, coding or medical terminology
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151228