Providence is calling a Cook (0.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
**Please note that this is an on-call position with no guarantee of hours.
In this position you will:**
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience in quantity food preparation and completion of some cooking classes (preferred) with formal on-the-job training
- Technical skills to maintain high standards of food preparation
- Skill and ability to operate kitchen equipment, read, write, follow oral and written directions
- Attention to detail
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Cooking experience
About the hospital you will serve. St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 152969