Providence is calling a Cook (1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week, Day Shift) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions in English
- Experience preparing foods in high quantities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary training
- Proficiency in basic math skills
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 154509