Providence is calling a Test Engineer 3 to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Lead the effort of testing standards, assures adherence to standards, and continuously evaluates effectiveness of testing standards.
- Lead medium to large internal project work developing project plans and work plans.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and devices or modifies procedures to process data and solve problems.
- Review schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects.
- Mentor and assist Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers I and II in support of applications, projects and goals.
- Work with users and QA testers to determine appropriate requirements of complex systems and establish comprehensive test plans to ensure full coverage of the requirements in validating the development products.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in related field -or- 8 years of equivalent experience
- 8 years of related experience
- Prior quality assurance experience in healthcare
- Strong SQL experience writing queries to support testing efforts with a demonstrated ability to handle complex joins
- Excellent organization and planning skills; must be able to adjust priorities with changing needs of the project.
- Hands-on experience with creating test plans and test cases.
- Experience with TFS, Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), and the Microsoft Office tools suite.
- Must work well independently with limited direction and be a quick learner with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively as part of a large or small local team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the proven ability to solve problems both in verbal and written communications.
Bonus (Nice To Have) Qualifications:
- Experience with facets a Java-based software application that handles claims and customer service work items.
- Experience with automation tools like SOAPUI, Selenium and/or HP Rational.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 147327