Providence is calling an Inpatient Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant 2 (0.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable) to Providence Newberg Medical Center in Newberg, OR.
The primary duties of this position is as an Inpatient Phlebotomist for our Newberg Medical Center population with a plan to perform more Lab Assisting duties as you grow in this role. If you love phlebotomy and patient interaction but also want to learn new skills within the lab and see how far you can grow in a supportive and caring environment then this is the position for you.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely pre-analytical functions of specimen collection, labeling, receipt and processing as well as the appropriate handling and/or disbursement of laboratory data and patient results.
- Work with acute care and outpatient caregivers, vendors, consultants and other Laboratory services staff in performing their duties.
- Provide support to multiple, regional laboratory personnel and is integral to maintaining the integrity of patient specimens in order to provide accurate and timely patient care.
- Maintain excellent communication, good judgement and customer service skills that exceed expectation of those we serve.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in proper identification of patinets, labeling of samples and collection requirements are essential. Competency in the assesment and care of patients of all ages and cognitive abilities are essential.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient registraion requirements, order entry, specimen processing, specimen handling and the disbursement of testing results, require the incumbent to be competent in the understanding and application of complex regulations and policies as they relate to the laboraotry.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and competency with numerous federal, state and other regulatory body compliance and safety regulations.
- Perform multiple tasks and use of computer applications.
- Think independently and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide superior service excellence, utilizing good judgment that meets or exceeds the expectations of patients, visitors, physicians and Providence Health & Services (PH&S) staff.
- Possess an understanding of the PH&S and the Oregon Region Laboratory goals and strategies.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team concepts and reflects the PH&S mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year phlebotomy related experience AND Certification / Registry (PBT, etc.) from a government agency or nationally recognized organization (eg. ASCP, NCA), OR
- Three (3) years of phlebotomy related experience.
- Industry related experience must be from an equivalent high volume, acute care laboratory performing high complexity testing.
- Demonstrated outstanding Service Excellence experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computer applications.
- Knowledge of specimen handling and collection requirements, general laboratory workflow and basic medical terminology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of college with courses in biological sciences and medical terminology and/or associates degree.
- Certification or Registry (PBT, etc.) from a government agency or nationally recognized organization (eg. ASCP, NCA).
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 145895