Providence is calling an Employee Health Manager to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR.
We are seeking an Employee Health Manager to be responsible for the oversight, coordination, and regulatory compliance of employee health operations. Provides leadership, direction and general supervision of team members. Coordinates with the EH Senior Manager in the development, creation, and implementation of strategies, policies and programs within PHS Shared Services. Assists Sr Manager, EH Operations in the development of programs, policies, procedures, and practices that ensures a cost effective and consistent program while promoting optimal health and health protection.
This person will serve as a liaison to strategic partners and may share responsibility for successful business development. In addition they will oversee compliance with all associated state and federal laws and regulations while promoting integration of services within a culture of safety,well-being and injury prevention.
In this position you will:
- Oversee daily operations and functions of Employee Health Services, including, staffing supervision and general orientation.
- Supervise dept. staff and act as a resource and advisor to staff regarding the services provided to caregivers.
- Evaluate performance, may coordinate the evaluation of clinical team members with appropriate clinical peers.
- Work with key customers to optimize scheduling of all services.
- Provide leadership in development of department policies and procedures while interfacing with other key areas within PH&S.
- Lead and/or regularly attends EH, operational Leadership Team meetings and other regional meetings as necessary.
- Ensure completion and follow up of post–offer health screens in compliance with relevant legislation, essential job functions and ability to perform work.
- Oversee injury reporting process and required follow up.
- Engage subject matter experts on WC, LOA, RTW and Injury Prevention.
- Manage the periodic health surveillance programs ensuring full compliance with federal and state regulations. In consultation with EH Nurses, Environment of Care and Safety as needed.
- May oversee or assign OSHA recordkeeping, health records, and injury data, management.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure accurate collection of employee demographic information, timely and accurate data entry of lab reports.
- Regularly research federal and state statutes and regulations related to employee health & safety to remain in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Work with peers and leadership to identify and develop appropriate metrics for benchmarking.
- Design formats for presentation to management. Participates as requested in Safety and Infection Control Committees on matters pertaining to employee health trends.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends and regulatory requirements in field of expertise, and encourages adoption of best practices by organization.
- Effectively use computers to manage data storage, basic data query, report generation, spreadsheet, and quality control chart generation, work processing, presentation preparation and Internet searching. Works with analytics team to track and trend employee injury data with particular attention to communicable disease exposures
- Participate in announced and unannounced regulatory and other compliance surveys, representing Employee Health Services
- Oversee projects as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a BS degree in related field such as Health Care Administration, Nursing, Safety, is required, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a healthcare related occupation with demonstrated supervisory abilities is required
- Experience supervising healthcare regulatory compliance, health promotion and injury prevention risk reduction strategies along with return to work knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to manage and mentor others
- Serves as role model and champion of a culture of safety and care giving
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively present possible solutions to others
- Anticipates and takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Consistently goes out of the way to listen, understand, and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to set technology strategy.
- Protects confidential and private information related to patients, employees and others.
- Identifies & implements quality measures & outcomes to ensure an efficient and effective program and a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated skills in seeking & acting on input from customers & others for continuous quality improvement.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities as outlined in Environment of Care, Infection Control, and Exposure Control manuals and department safety policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and management through positive interaction.
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules, demand and to meet shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Listens with sensitivity and openness; demonstrates empathy
- Ability to deliver in-person and web-based training effectively
- Proven skills in communicating with senior leaders, core leaders, caregivers, and customers.
- Stays current on regulatory requirement ad assures compliance with federal, state and accrediting bodies.
- Ability to manage and mentor others
- Experience presenting to core leaders
- Ability to thrive in rapidly changing environments
- Skills in program development, system-thinking, standardize approaches, creating policies & procedures, implementing change and continuous quality improvement
- Ability to communicate & support the importance of Injury Prevention/Ergonomics and well-being to managers and caregivers and help establish a culture of safety
- Experience in analyzing and reporting data to inform decision-making.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Nurse
- COHN, COHN-S , CHEM, , CAP Green belt preferred
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Professional & Administration
Req ID: 147367